Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Home and away.

Phew! What a huge month it has been- full of family, old friends and travel. I've been to a wedding and a funeral, a first birthday party for the world's cutest child (my niece, of course) and caught up with a childhood friend I hadn't seen in years. None of these things in Brisbane, mind you. I'm racking up some frequent flyer points, oh yes I am.

I have one more wedding on the agenda, and then I'm more or less a homebody for a while. I love my home. I love my husband and my bed and my books and all my stuff. I love getting away, but home is always such a relief, isn't it?

Wedding number one was on Stradbroke Island, for my dear friends Matt and Viv. They threw a cracker, with weather to match.

Vivienne sourced a watermelon tourmaline and its stunning colours really required just the simplest of delicate little settings to show it off. It's made in rose gold, which matches Matt's wide, clean rose gold band. I'm so happy I could contribute to their special day, and being there to see the rings go on the fingers is just the icing on the cake for me. Mmmm. Cake.

25 comments:

pie said...

OMG i love this one!

Holly Goes... said...

holy banana bread, that stone is AMAZING - and rose gold- so beautiful.

jacky said...

thank u for sharing this! ;)

iam said...

the banana bread looks so good ^__^

domjab007 said...

the power of banana ^____________^

danielscript19 said...

so cute!

danielscript19 said...

cute ^_^

bobruce.odonnell said...

pretty one!

princedaniel1219 said...

cool!~

javierdale19 said...

interesting blog~

Jessie Roberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinkrison said...

super nice...

hannachris19 said...

coolness~

faitharmony said...

cool

nicholasjene said...

coolness!

markyvince18 said...

great!

yengbamboo said...

nice nice nice!

boholuno said...

looks great!

sugboone01 said...

greatness!

christineperrs said...

lovely!

swtorone said...

nice nice!

aiondos said...

coolness!

starwarsdos said...

superb!

bcheapthree said...

so cute!

Bren @ Handmade said...

Such a fitting name for the gem - no one around here has ever seen that before! Inspired design!