Friday, 20 July 2012

Precision and Code

Super-excited to share these rings, which are a before and after, and after.

A few years ago I made this wedding ring for architect Paul, following probably the most comprehensive set of cad-drawn blueprints I have ever been handed. Architects Do It To The Tenth of A Millimetre. I think this should be a bumper sticker.


All the little squares make up a kind of hybrid morse code- if you can read it, you're doing pretty well.


Then, at the beginning of this year, architect Paul's architect wife Jenny contacted me, having decided that her two store-bought rings could do with a bit of an update. We used Paul's wedder to set the theme, melted her rings down to re-use the gold, and set her stunning princess cut diamonds in similar style. The seemingly random pattern of diamonds and spaces is also in code. Clever clients. I love jewellery with a secret dimension. Why give everything away?

It's always a pleasure to see old clients several years down the track. Nice to catch up, Paul and Jenny- hopefully I'll see you again in a few more years!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - these look great!

rino breebaart said...

awesome - I thought the dots look like lit windows in a cityscape of buildings.