Monday, 26 September 2011

Happy happy joy joy


So, this is just like, totally, the best week evaaaaaah?

I spent all weekend learning new skillz from internationally renowned jeweller and personal hero, Tim McCreight. What a top bloke. He has published a tonne of books that I've been using since uni, and I geeked out a bit upon meeting him- fame!


This week I'll be teaching beginner's silversmithing to Queensland's best and brightest Year Twelve art students, who are coming from all over Queensland to spend a week in the big smoke. I've been doing this class for a few years now, and it's always such a joy- they are so motivated and involved and just plain bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Bless their enthusiastic little hearts.


On Thursday night this exhibition is opening- 100 brooches, made by 100 female Australian jewellers. There is jewellery royalty in this thing. And also me. You should pop in for a champers and a gander, if you're in the area.

And just to top it all off, as of about three hours ago I became a first-time aunty. Miriama Anne, we don't even know you yet and we already love you. Welcome to the world.

2 comments:

Thea said...

Oh congratulations on becoming an aunty! Nieces and nephews are so much fun.

Melanie said...

Have fun at the Tinker Tailor opening! Unfortunately I won't be going as I live 600kms away now, but I did the graphic design of the book! So I've had a sneak peek and have seen the beautiful brooch that you designed! Well done! :) Melanie