Monday, 14 February 2011

Raising the bar


Now, I don't wish to intimidate, but the bar has definitely been raised for client-brief best practice.

Nathan and Joelie are architects (but of course!) and asked me to create an engagement ring for them. They presented me with a detailed written brief, and a series of paintings (by Nathan) that represented the journey of their relationship so far and all that they wanted to encompass in the form of the ring. They asked me to take these as inspiration for the finished piece of jewellery (above)- an organic, intertwining, textural ring with some serious sparkle.

N + J, the two of you are a joy to work with.

I should point out that it is not mandatory that my clients provide me with artwork as food for thought. But I look forward to the day that I am asked to view an interpretive dance about wedding jewellery to fulfil the brief. Any takers?

3 comments:

Kirstin said...

Well....you know architects are very thorough.

I expect a blog video if you ever get that interpretive dance.

Another beautiful ring, which goes without saying really.

Felicity said...

This is such a treasure and I'm sure that they're thrilled.

Felicity x

madeleine brown said...

Thanks Felicity!
And Kirstin... you should know!