Friday, 6 November 2009

Slow start this morning

The other night we started on the mega clean-up that's going to be necessary to move all the crap we've accumulated in the last couple of years. I've been storing a box of unfired pots from my failed experiment with wheel-spun pottery, thinking- oh yeah, I might get those fired one day. Well, that's never gonna happen so I asked Mark to throw them into the garden so they could break down in the rain.
When I got up the next morning I saw that instead he'd arranged them in this cute little still-life- I had to pretend to be a photographer and capture it:


I have tonnes of work to do this morning, but I'm sitting here in front of the computer. I'm pretending it's because I'm waiting for the invasion of ants on my temporarily outdoors workbench to subside. (Who left those chocolate chip cookies there??) But really I'm just trawling through my favourite wedding blogs- here and here and here and here. In reality, there's no way I'll have enough time to bake my own cake and arrange all the flowers and create five hundred decorative puffballs out of pink tissue paper, but I'm still dreaming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decorative puffballs?? hmm...maybe not missy

madeleine brown said...

um... is that you, Mark??