Thursday, 12 November 2009

Fancy shmancy buttons.


click on image for more detail

I spent this morning at the Paddington Antique Centre in Brisbane, installing a few new pieces of jewellery for an exhibition that's opening tonight. It's called "Fancy!" and features homewares, bags, jewellery and accessories made out of buttons.

It's the brainchild of the Centre's owner Suzy, a true buttonaholic... buttonphile... you know what I mean. She suggested I go 'shopping' through the centre before opening hours for props to use with the jewellery display. Aaah- bliss. It was like my childhood fantasy of being locked in a toy store overnight. Hmmm, I'll take this jug, and I like this hat, and this old glass bottle... it was like Christmas.

The show opens tonight and continues until 3rd December. Lots of pretty things to check out- in that end of Paddo in general.

Here's one of mine- sterling silver and mother-of-pearl button brooch (from Suzy's vaaaast collection).

3 comments:

Saho said...

Hi, this button looks so beautiful.. I will visit the antique centre on weekend!

Polka Dot Bride said...

I LOVE this brooch! I want it!

media said...

This is gorgeous Madeleine X Danielle