Tuesday, 3 November 2009

It's snowing!


That's a blatant lie, I'm in the Southern Hemisphere and it's 33 degrees and I've spent the day under the fan tatting these lacey snowflakes, which will become silver and gold rings, earrings and necklaces.

Some of these bad boys are going to a trade fair in Milan. Yes, the Italian one. Wish I was chaperoning them.

I've spent most of my life learning Italian- I can't speak that much, but I do have a fabulously fruity accent when ordering things like 'tiramisu'.

8 comments:

KT Doyle said...

They are beautiful Madeleine!

Thea said...

They are beautiful and I'm impressed that you could tat them!

Kylie said...

They look fabulous! I'd love to learn how to do that! K

Jane Eborall said...

Your tatting is very neat and tidy. May I suggest that to save those wretched 'ends' you can tat over the first ones as you start off!!! Please shout if you want to know more.

Bespoke Letterpress Boutique said...

oh so lovely!!!!

Curly Jo said...

oh yes sooo pretty...can us mere mortals not going to Milan see the finished product....

madeleine brown said...

Thanks everyone!
Jane, I just leave the ends hanging cos they're going to be cast (I just chop them off) but I never knew you could tat over them... I'm definitely going to try that. I'm a bit embarrassed now that I've seen a REAL tatter's work- you must excuse my tiny little doilies! I have a short attention span!
And Jo- this mere mortal will post some photos when they're done! And we can all wish we were going to Italy together!

Jane Eborall said...

If you think I'm a REAL tatter you should see some of t'others!!! If you want any help do drop me a line at lovetotat @ gmail.com. I'm a friendly old lass!!!!