Thursday, 17 September 2009

Workshop

(Bird pendant by a clever Woodford student)

I loooove teaching, 'cos I get such a kick out of seeing what people make after just a few hours of learning new techniques. A couple of days ago I had a visit from Jenny and Steph, who did a term's-worth of silversmithing classes with me and turned up at the studio wearing all of the fabulous bling that they had made. Hello instant family heirlooms!

I'm teaching a four-hour beginners' silversmithing class on 10th October from 10am-2pm at Kiln Gallery in Paddington, Brisbane. You'll design and make a pendant or ring in sterling silver and you'll be wearing it by the time you walk out the door. Cost is $50 which covers all tools and materials. Please phone Kiln Gallery to book your place on 3876 6903, or email info@kiln.com.au.

We're gonna have fun! Come and play!

*UPDATE... within a couple of hours the class has all sold out! By popular demand, a second class will be held the next day, Sunday 11th October. Yahoo! Book now, folks!*

3 comments:

emma said...

Hello, do you ever offer one on one tuition in silversmithing at all? Thank you :)

madeleine brown said...

Hi Emma!

I don't this year, but we're building a purpose-built studio at our house at the moment... (I may have mentioned that in the blog once or twice or a hundred times)... so I'm looking at running classes there next year. Drop me your details on email via my website if you're interested, and I'll get in touch!

Cheers,

Madeleine

emma said...

cool! Thanks for replying :)