Saturday, 20 June 2009

Diamonds on the soles of her shoes


Thursday night was one of those tell-your-grandkids moments… I was in the same room as Simon and Garfunkel!

Ok, so it was a really big room… approximately the size of the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, in fact. But, they were amazing. When they came on stage and began to harmonise, I cried.

(Actually it doesn't take much to make me cry. When Mark and I got engaged, his parents gave us an espresso machine as an engagement gift, a machine I had been dreaming about for ten years. I cried. It's a really awesome coffee machine, though.)

And Paul Simon- what a living legend! They had such a great band. And they belted out all the hits. And I remembered that I have absolutely no vocal range and, despite knowing all the lyrics, was completely unable to sing along.

No comments: