Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Dayboro Art Show


Hey Brisbanites, have you ever been to Dayboro? Oh, you should. It’s a little village a short drive north-west of Brisbane. Very picturesque, with a few cute shops, and an art gallery. It still has a standalone butcher: maker of the famous Dayboro sausages, no less. And the pub is fabulous- old, cosy, wooden and a bit of a shambles, which is how it should be.

I’d live there happily. Unfortunately we Brisbanites are very territorial, and having grown up on the west-side, I’m not sure I’d be able to leave it. At least it’s on the correct side of the river.

Next weekend Dayboro is hosting its first Art Show, to raise funds for the Dayboro State Primary School. There’ll be art for sale by both established artists and local school students, music, and jewellery- by me! If you feel like a nice drive out to the country, this is a good weekend to do it.

Here's a new silver necklace and earrings that I will have for sale:

See you there, folks...

Dayboro Art Show

9.30am- 4.30pm

Saturday and Sunday 28th and 29th March

Dayboro Community Hall

UPDATE: I went to Dayboro today to drop off my jewellery, and there was a horse hitched to the front of the pub. Someone had ridden their HORSE to the PUB, people. Could this town be any better??


1 comment:

Kim Wallace :: Udessi said...

Oh I love Dayboro, friends of mine used to live there... Thanks for letting us know about the upcoming Art Show, I will put it in my diary!